First Day of 10K Training


I promise I won't post every day but I wanted to post after my first day on my new training plan to get to under 50 minutes on my 10K race.

For the very first day I went out gently at ran just under 4km at a slow pace. I was running in city traffic and there were a lot of stops along the way. I didn't bring my watch or phone with me, so I don't know what my pace was and that's ok because I'm not supposed to care!

I then went to the treadmill at my gym to run at pace. After a short warm-up, I ran as planned to get to a 7 minute pace for 1km. I need to learn how to translate my treadmill's velocity setting to achieve the correct pace. After some experimentation, I settled between 8 and 8.5 to get a 7-minute pace.

I was feeling really good after running this paced kilometer, so after a short rest, I ran another half kilometer at the velocity setting of 10, which worked out to a 6-minute pace. That's a good preview for next week, where my goal is to run two full kilometers at 6.5 minutes each.

I'm off to a strong start! Tomorrow, I go back out to the streets for a slow run.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stardrop Saloon on a Friday Night